Friday, December 01, 2006

Counting Down


Angela's photo was in the Watertown Daily times with a photo that was about 4 inches by 9 inches....pretty amazing. I couldn't even fit it on the scanner, but you get the idea...

We are counting...chocolates that is...93 sandstones, 96 sugar shacks, etc. More, more, more. Everyone I know, and many more that I don't have sworn they are going to be at the grand opening next Saturday, Dec. 9.

My fear is that Main Street Potsdam is going to look like it did the first night Star Wars was being shown at the theater many moons ago. My other fear is we have crappy weather and no one shows. Somewhere in the middle will be idea. I just don't want to be like the bakery that closes, once all the bread is sold.

We are vey excited. The chocolate is flowing, the cases are getting out of New Jersey this weekend...we hope. Of course old man winter decided to show up this weekend. Of course if they cases hadn't been delayed, I wouldn't have to have been worrying about the weather. But we are being very positive...we will get opened on Dec. 9, come hell or high chocolate.

My boss is going to give me a couple of days off next week, just so I don't drop from an anxiety attack. Tom has even been in the kitchen helping, and was very proud to say he tempered chocolate for the Massena Mints. (That's right John...none for you). I'll keep those out of your box, along with the Pep-o-mints.

So far Raspberry Jells have been the most requested...of course one of the toughest to make as well. But they tasted pretty good out of the box of seconds we've started. These will be what we use for samples. Just a little knicked up.

Well, I'd better get to the shop and whip up a batch of coconut, and strawberry jells for the PB&J Bear Paws. Angela did Sugar Shacks today...they look as amazing as they taste....hey, quit drooling on the key board...you're worse than Nezzy.

3 comments:

marylee said...

That's right...busy busy busy...and Tom is already doing the out of shop sales. He has an order for 15 boxes of 24 creams for next week already.
I am proud to say I have the layout of the creams memorized now and don't need to look at the cheat sheet anymore.

jackbear said...

mmmmm...sugar shacks.....can't wait to try those! Am I the only family member not there helping? Guess I better pitch a hand when we're home at Christmas. I guess you could have someone walking the line passing out samples while they are waiting.

TM said...

Chocolate! Chocolate!
I'll be in with John to help out when we're home. And we'll bring Laura to babysit us. :-)